yOGA BLISS KIDS YOGA TEACHER’S TRAINING
Make Yoga enjoyable for kids & enrich them!
I own Yoga Bliss and a have been teaching yoga to kids & families for the last 8 years
Yoga Bliss Believes Yoga Is For Everyone. We Love To Make Yoga accessible & enjoyable For Kids, Families & Adults
My Journey so far…
Yoga has gradually grown on to me from the time I started practicing 8 years back to now. Yoga is now a lifestyle and had a huge impact on my thinking and perception towards life. I am here to support you on the path of well-being & self -discovery through Yoga, Mindfulness & Healing.
bENEFITS OF YOGA TO KIDS
Unlock the gift of Yoga at a Young Age
1) Strength & Flexibility in body & Mind 2) Increased Focus 3) Self Love 4) Self Awareness 5) Relax and better management of stress 6) Better Posture
What does the research say
A growing body of research has already shown that yoga can improve focus, memory, self-esteem, academic performance, and classroom behavior, and can even reduce anxiety and stress in children.
Yoga is simply Great for you !!!
eXPLAINING YOGA TO KIDS
- Yoga means union !!
- Yoga is an exercise that unites body mind & breath
- Yoga makes us feel good
- Yoga makes the body strong & mind relaxed
- Yoga keeps our body and mind in balance keeping us happy
- Yoga is calming & Relaxing
Yoga is fun and it is not only for Adults
- Yogabliss’s approach is to make Yoga fun & playful for kids
- We love to teach Yoga through interactive Yoga stories, Creative breathing practices, Partner postures, Yoga games & unlimited fun
COMMANDMENTS OF KIDS YOGA
- Yoga has to be Fun for Kids
- Have a plan but don’t stick with the plan
- Set a few rules for the class at the start
- Find opportunities to bring Kids together
- Make it interactive Don’t expect them to follow every instruction
- Don’t Judge them and yourself.
- Start from where they are
- Move on- Don’t get stuck or be too strict/punish
- Don’t force them to practice yoga, give kids their space
- Vibrate higher than Kids energy
- Be open to learning from Kids
- Use Positive language in the class
- Don’t be too stuck on alignment or perfection
- Think like a Child- They love to have fun
- Praise them
tOOLS FOR TEACHING
Preparation for class
- Think of space – Clean, safe, distraction-free
- Be Creative in engaging kids for Yoga- Music, Dance, Reading, Drama, etc. Make it fun !!!
- Class Size (6-8)/one teacher
- Age-appropriate techniques for teaching kids yoga
- Prepare for your class in advance even if you don’t exactly follow your plan.
- Be flexible
- Think of using Props in your class (as per age) – Soft toys, Yoga cards, Yoga games, etc.
age-appropriate Teaching approach
- 4-6yrs-Imaginative & full of energy.Use games, stories, props, music to engage them
- 7-9 yrs-Love Challenges, focus on strength, coordination & balance. Don’t be too childish. Play games to get
- 10-12 yrs-Lot of movement. Create the class with them, Make them more aware of the practice
- Teens-Listen more, create space for self-expression, Give them quiet time, progress gradually in the yoga postures
KEY ELEMENTS FOR KIDS YOGA CLASS
let us make YOGA FUN
ENGAGE KIDS CREATIVELY FOR CLASS